The key to making a GOOD website is to design one that allows users to feel at home. You want to make them feel welcomed, familiar, and at total ease when visiting your site. But keep in mind that you still need to bring in your own unique elements into the design so as not to bore them.
Here are a list of guideline to implement in your design:
- Use an appropriate structure/ layout. Depending on the purpose of the website, your design should follow an ideal structure and functionality.
- Brand your site. Be unique. Differentiate your site and be consistent throughout your design. This way people will develop trust towards your brand.
- Contact Form. Be friendly. Allow visitors to have a way of communicating with you.
- Use Predictable Positioning. Don't let visitors encounter trouble or confusion in manuevering around your site. Make them feel pleasantly at home.
- Keep your Labels Simple. Make sure your links are straightforward. You don't want to frustrate users if they can't find what they're looking for.
If you are interested to have a professional web design service for your company, please contact WEBARQ – Web Design Company Jakarta, Indonesia and our team will come and present our ideas to you.