Google Mail has a very useful feature that will block spam or junk mail that is often received by email users. Email that is considered spam or junk mail by Google will automatically be put in “Spam” folder that can be access from Webmail or IMAP server. However, this spam feature can have a negative effect for email users in Indonesia. This is because many emails that are sent from servers in Indonesia are perceived as junk mail by Google. As the result, email that is often addressed to Google Mail users may not be downloaded via Outlook / Windows Mail using POP Server.
To prevent this problem, Please follow these steps to turn off "Spam / Junk Mail" feature in Google Apps or Gmail :
1. Login to your account via 'Google Apps Webmail / Gmail' (example: gmail.com)
2. Select the menu 'Settings' at the top right
3. Select the menu 'Filter'
4. Click on the link 'Create a New Filter'
5. Enter your email address in the 'Field To' (example, To: email@example.com)
6. Click ‘Next Step'
7. Select 'Never Send It to Spam'
8. Click the menu option 'Create Filter'
Feel free to browse through our Knowledgebase for other useful information.